Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm leaving my baby with a total stranger

Starting tomorrow, Sophia will be going to a baby sitter all day.  It turns out I'm not dealing well with this.  This woman seems perfectly nice and capable and has been watching kids for 20 years, but this is my baby we're talking about. What if she doesn't get the attention she needs? What if she's scared because we're not there? What if this woman is really a psycho? Yeah, I may need a Valium tomorrow.

In other news, I found out why I've been feeling so horrible and my hair has been falling out. I have a severe vitamin d deficiency. It's pretty scary actually. It's difficult to get vitamin d as a vegan besides getting it from the sun.  So, I am taking a supplement and hoping it will help.

I really just need to get through this week and hopefully it will get easier. How can I leave this cutie with a stranger all day?

2 comments:

Becky said...

It's totallllly normal to be feeling what your feeling right now! The parents are always way more wigged out than the kid :) She'll have a blast, and I bet this lady will LOVE her to PIECES!! <3 she'll be her new fav :) I worked in an infant room for a little over a year at a daycare in RI. It was hard at drop off, especially on the first day for the moms and dads, but the babies always did great! I feel it helps the kids to develop better self esteem.. they know they can cope when mom and dad aren't around! <3 Good luck! <3
Becky

Kylee said...

It'll take time but you will both be okay. Hang in there Michelle!!!