Friday, August 12, 2011

37 Weeks

Well, we have officially made it to full term! Sophia can definitely come out safely now.  That is if she wasn't being so stubborn. At my Ob appointment Tuesday, I was still 4 cm. dilated, so no progress there.   They said they will probably want to induce me at 39 weeks if I haven't had her yet. They're worried about me getting an infection from being dilated for so long.  I really don't want to take Pitocin though.  I've heard so many bad things about it, plus, I would be stuck in the bed being monitored and wouldn't be able to move around if I want.  Definitely not what I want.

Sorry about the crappy picture...


So, my goal now is  to try and coax her out. My doula suggested drinking raspberry leaf tea, which I just bought today. She also said to do movements that are used in birth like swaying on my hands and knees or any movement that helps gravity do it's job.  Another thing I can do is have my Ob sweep my membranes. I may ask them to do this next week even though it doesn't always work.  I've been eating spicy food too.  We'll see, but really it's all about when she's ready to make her entrance.  So, please send us positive baby vibes!

No comments: