I am so glad that last week is over. It was long, emotional and exhausting. Here's some of what happened:
- Work was crazy busy. We are short one person and another is on vacation. I still love my job, but it was actually a little bit stressful.
- We had a meeting with the coordinator for the foster program. Let's just say that it wasn't pretty. I basically cried the whole time. Not just regular crying, but the can't catch your breath kind that makes you seem crazy. Yeah, it was great. Basically, we don't have enough "experience" with kids. Another foster parent made a comment to her that while I was holding her foster child (that she pretty much threw at me to feed), I wasn't holding him "right" and he didn't eat enough. Seriously. Anyway, we were told we can't be foster parents if we're trying to get pregnant, which I think is odd. So, we were put on a hold status. Now that I think about it, I'm, kind of relieved and maybe we can focus on getting pregnant again. I'm hoping to start in December either with a friend of ours or with an IUI at the hospital.
- One positive thing that happened was my new RE doctor. I absolutely love him! He is realistic, but still positive. As he said, he's not willing to throw the towel in on me yet. I am getting all my blood work done again on my next cycle, so he can compare numbers. He doesn't think we've tried enough to really get an accurate idea of what's going on.
- We are hoping that C's insurance covers infertility and if I can get on it. This would be the best thing that could happen if they would pay for some IUI's. It's really my first choice of how to do this.
- C's step-dad is really sick and in the hospital in ICU. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and send good vibes his way if you can.
Here's hoping that next week fares better...